Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Screening for the V-Factor


A few weeks ago,
my institute brought in a health screening service
and I went on a very comprehensive screen,
from basic cholesterol level to bone health, to cancer markers,
to renal/liver function, to aneamic profiling etc...

The results turned out to be
reliefing (as cancer markers turned out nil
while I am genetically predisposed to colon cancer)
and also
encouraging (as all the good readings reassures that
healthy vegetarian lifestyle is easily achievable)

What's also noteworthy is that
despite I am born with thalassaemia (a kind of anemia),
My haemoglobin level, tho' low, still falls within acceptable range
(so acceptable that I am supposedly qualified for blood donating) =)
-- vegetarians do get enough iron!

So, maintaining a healthy physiology by a vegetarian diet
is as real as the blood tests reflect.
People always asked about the X-factor (critical factor) to
success for anything;
I think for true health, people should ask first about the V-factor,
that is the Vegetarian-factor :B ..kekeke..

Well regards,
Kee Yew

p/s: I highly recommend try out this health screen company: Health Outreach Program
~ they offer good value price for comprehensive screening and also good service.
Imagine they call up every client to go through the test results item by item and
also attach detailed info to help understand the meaning of each test, along with the report :)

{Learning Holistic Wellness for Wisdom and Compassion}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...