Thursday, May 13, 2010

The stories behind Simple Vegetarian (1)

When my first cookbook "Simple Vegetarian" was released
on 8 Jan 2009, I couldn't quite believe that it happened.

While the book signified a milestone along my vegetarian path,
it wasn't truly something that I planned for from the very beginning...

The conception of "Simple Vegetarian" started as far as the moment
I took up the voluntary post of veg classes coordinator
for the Vegetarian Society of Singapore (VSS) in 2004.

That time, I had to arrange monthly cooking classes and health seminars,
in collaboration with Buona Vista CC Youth Executive Committee (BVCC-YEC).

It was a very precious opportunity
initiated by the vice president then, Mr Wong Loke Yeow,
who aspired to do something along with VSS
for the welfare of animal and public health,
after watching a vegetarian anthology  "Seeds for A Better World"
compiled/produced by VSS.

With this year long collaboration with BVCC-YEC,
I gradually (and unknowingly) submerged myself in an intensive learning process,
absorbing a great deal of vegetarian wellness knowledge and cooking skills.
-- simply, as a coordinator, I had "attend" all of the seminars and cooking classes I organised.

During the year, I met a lot of amazing teachers.
To name a few (and to pay tribute to them):
.Richard Seah (Macrobiotics guru),
.Lee Qi Hai (TCM sinseh),
.Wang Song Ji (Organic guru),
.Dr Ho Soon Lye (Veg GP),
.Oh Chong Fah (Healthy veg chef)
.Dr Tan Pik Yee (Veg GP)
.Dr Mark Chan (Veg Pastor) and many many more..

My foundation of vegetarian wellness amazingly started that way;
however, not quite reinforced,
until I became close friend to 4 wonder-women (and veg "oracles") of my life.

... to be continued.


Well regards,
Kee Yew
pureland2012-at-gmail.com



{Learning Holistic Wellness for Wisdom and Compassion}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...