Sunday, January 17, 2010

Piecing the Peace Together (3)

When I decided to step out of my depression
some 10 years ago,
religion did occassionally popped up as a possible solution.

Perhaps due to childhood exposure to some buddhist texts and
simple buddhist teachings (mostly via TV programs!),
I had stronger inclination to seek for the answer to inner peace
in Buddhism.

When my dad passed away,
my mum specifically wanted my dad's wake to be done
the Buddhist way (tho' he's a Taoist, strictly speaking).

During my dad's wake, there were several nights that
I slept in the sofa in vicinity of my dad's coffin,
listening to Amitabha chanting.
(from an automated chanting device 念佛机).

Believe it or not,
it's one of my calmest moment in life!

I guess it's the chanting that did the 'magic' and
I had an even stronger affinity with Buddhism since then.

The following few years, I enrolled in Buddhism classes,
and watched a lot of Buddhism VCDs.

Then on, I started to practice
Metta Visualisation
and
Amitabha Chanting.

My life has since transformed,
by the strength of inner peace and a clearer mind.

I gathered, Buddhism is another vital factor in search of
inner peace.


With metta,
Kee Yew
pureland2012-at-gmail.com

p/s: this series of blog is dedicated to a few friends who are affected by depression and my teacher's son who recently passed away due to depression.


{Learning Holistic Wellness for Wisdom and Compassion}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...